Eloqua
Badge 1395888326

Eloqua

94 7.7 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Improve your marketing effectiveness through marketing automation and automated demand generation with Eloqua.

Eloqua Reviews (102)

As someone who creates hundreds of campaigns each year, I like a system that doesn't limit me and provides a smooth workflow across all key elements (email, landing... Read More
Mark Halliday
* Eloqua is a robust system that can handle a huge contact base. * Allows automation of almost any process, from emails to landing page submission to tracking contact... Read More
0 tk6jmqgcoityjbufpnlmmbcty kxjqufrl cmbig lk7gku7on9accbptmx8y1sippxinraue 1r
Robert Palmer
Validated Review

Marketing Automation for the Modern Marketer - Eloqua is the Total Package!

What do you like best?

What I like best - the very best - about Eloqua is that it allows marketers so much flexibility in terms of data and integration management. For example, I can build a bi-directional integration with our enterprise data warehouse leveraging a SFTP site - little to no IT support needed. I can create and update Custom Data Objects in Eloqua - similar to Custom Objects in SFDC - no vendor or partner support needed. I can connect third-party vendor platforms (based on the vendor-built connector) to Eloqua very easily - in one particular case - in less than five minutes. There's a lot to love about the front-end as well, but the back-end is my primary playground and I haven't heard of another marketing automation vendor that provides this type of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Are there little things here and there I'd like to see managed differently? Sure, but IMO none of them rank a "dislike" as they're not roadblocks to my teams accomplishing our goals and objectives. Honestly, what I dislike most is that I simply don't have enough time in my day to do everything I'd like to do - that we can do - in/around Eloqua. I've been an Eloqua Power user for over six years and I still learn something new almost every time I log in to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research, research, research your requirements - both current and future state - and then go to your peer social networks for more information as its true that "you get what you pay for." Build your primary use cases for "a day in the life of a marketer" at your company and share that with Eloqua and other vendors you're considering to build into their product demo for you and your team. Join Topliners - an online community (hosted by Eloqua) of marketing and sales professionals interested in marketing automation and driving top line revenue - and consider its value as an extension to your team (I could write an entire review of Topliners alone - it's my go-to in so many ways).

Validated Review

Powerful, but sometimes frustrating, marketing automation

What do you like best?

It helps us automate many of our marketing functions. We use it for nurture programs, routing leads to CRM, automated account notification emails, newsletter and promotional email sends. It's fairly easy to build out emails, landing pages, and forms and get them live within hours. Great community (Topliners) to go to for advice and problem solving.

What do you dislike?

E10 has it's share of bugs and we seem to find every one. We have a large database and we send a large number of emails, so we are often told that our email sends/segments/contact filters/etc. are too large and need to be adjusted. Reports constantly time out for us or we have to log out and log back in to get them to work. Support is great sometimes and other times leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set best practices for your company before you implement and make sure everyone is on board. It's easy for the system to quickly become a mess when you have several people using it and no clear direction.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are able to get leads to our sales team and have conversations with our customers via emails.

Next Level Automation & Strong Community to Boot

What do you like best?

The Eloqua user community is strong and supportive. For me this is just as important as the features and functionality. Each of our roles and businesses face unique challenges; learning best practices, connecting with users and Eloqua support and staff makes doing my job significantly easier and my campaigns more successful.

I also love how Eloqua works "out of the box", like any large company we have a few of our own work arounds and integrations but generally speaking Eloqua offers the functionality we need (and then some). I also love how user friendly the new E10 version is. We launched on E9 and when I first received a deo of E10 I squealed (yes out loud). To be able to create emails and landing pages without digging into the HTML is an incredible time saver.

Finally, the partner community is awesome. I have leveraged several of the cloud connectors and have a list of others that I want to try. Working with these 3rd party developers has been a breeze. Their connectors...

What do you dislike?

Give me more filters. The filter capabilities are on par with other solutions so it's not like Eloqua is lacking. But at the top of my wish list is I'd love to have more filter criteria to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think big! Plan early! Planning is essential, when getting started there are lots of things that need to be thought through. Take the time to develop your processes and bet practices. That part is never fun but it is worth it. Also, think BIG, like REALLY BIG! What would be the most amazing campaign you could run? Then back into how you could do that through Eloqua and Eloqua products. Also, don't be afraid to hire a certified partner. When you are just starting out, if you take my advice and think big your teams won't be ready to implement complex campaigns. But there are partners who can execute for you. In this instance not only do you get a really snazzy campaign but you learn along the way how to replicate the approach for future campaigns.

Supercharging your marketing capability

What do you like best?

The Eloqua platform is intuitive and easy to use with a strong community of users and partners that can help you to deliver significant business benefits with relative ease

What do you dislike?

Since Eloqua was acquired by Oracle the Eloqua team has grown significantly and there are now so many people that sometimes it's less clear who to contact

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eloqua is a strong product that can dramatically assist you with your marketing. It is supported by an extensive community of marketeers who are happy to help you and a strong partner network who will help you achieve the smallest challenge or build super advanced CRM programmes. Eloqua also have a wealth of expertise that they will happily share to support your success. The combination of these this is extremely powerful.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Key challenges that Eloqua has helped to solve: Driving marketing efficiency, driving marketing effectiveness, measuring the contribution that marketing delivers, identifying which campaign strands are adding the most value, enabling our sales team. So far we managed to drive multi-million euro sales that were incremental to a control group, we managed to significantly reduce the amount of time and resource it takes to build campaigns, we were able to automate reports to key stakeholders, we could identify where in the buying cycle a prospect or customer is at any one time, we could see the sales generated from our activities and we could drive efficiencies in our sales team, helping to drive the business forward and bring sales and marketing teams closer together

Validated Review

If you're serious about marketing to scale, there's only one solution -- Eloqua

What do you like best?

The system is extremely flexible. The out-of-the-box product can be customized to meet your business needs and goal whether you are a B2B focused firm or consumer focused. We have made several customintegrations with Eloqua to augment our marketing programs that has helped our business scale. Other systems on the market simply could not handle the volume of traffic and complexity -- Eloqua does all the heavy lifting for us.

What do you dislike?

If you are new to Marketing Automation, it's important to do your homework. Eloqua is not a magic solution to your marketing conundrum. You have to work at it, you have to staff it, and you have to keep up with the latest innovations and trends. If you are a Marketing nerd, you're going to love being a part of the community and enhancing your marketing programs. If you are more of a "marketing miser" this probably isn't the solution you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that Eloqua is a tool. Your tool is only as good as the craftsman who wields it. If you are going to make the investment in a Marketing Automation system you need to make sure you have a team that is ready to execute.

- Generating more targeted TOFU inquiries for our Enterprise Sales Division

- Increase % of transactional Online revenue

- Increase brand awareness

- Increase MOM % of MQLs

- Increase Sales Pipline

Tags

* We monitor all Eloqua reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
As Featured in