Salesforce CRM
Badge 1391544090

Salesforce CRM

323 8.3 / 10
Compare Watch a Demo
Salesforce Sales Cloud helps you close deals faster from anywhere, anytime.

Salesforce CRM Reviews (361)

Salesforce is an incredibly powerful, rich, and functional CRM application. It is a good fit for SMB to large enterprise. It is very easy to administer, but has the... Read More
0  gnh4z6l83hq7sgutpvc4r3ic8kuf0putycb4rhqg6kwrui2fuqxnunvusxku4j8cyn9cyyfrmfx
Ben Doyle
Executive Sponsor in Computer Networking
Fast implementation to track processes and information at a high degree of quality. To be honest one of the most productive tools ever delivered to the business world. Read More
0 vrcz hipmvs0r06rbllf c87mk0grsbrctnf c8flvisfo8kj9tnygq38oxcpgnpn18qjl xfuvt
Shane Anastasi
Validated Review

Salesforce is a key part of our technology strategy

What do you like best?

Salesforce is not just a CRM in the traditional sense. Their ability to create a platform that is easily linked to other business systems is world-class. As the leader of my company's technology team, we think of Salesforce as one of the critical pillars of our future state. They listen to their customers, but they also challenge us to change how we think about engaging with our customers. Then they work to provide the capabilities to do so. In terms of the companies that I've partnered with over my career, they're in the top two!

What do you dislike?

Salesforce is expensive, but you get what you pay for in life. Don't just jump in with both feet without fully understanding what goals you're trying to accomplish. Think about how many different ways you can utilize the system before you start out, then peel the onion one layer at a time. Their service is not great, but it is typical for large software companies (unfortunately!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're thinking about CRM as part of your overall technology landscape, then I wouldn't waste time looking any further. Spend your time investigating all of the connections you can make with Salesforce and how you can lay out a strategic implementation plan to fully take advantage of what they offer to your business. If you are thinking about CRM in isolation of the rest of your business, then you are less likely to actualize the full ROI potential of this service. A cheaper, less capable service may be a better fit for you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Every person in our organization has some level of Salesforce license. We use them for CRM and we also utilized their work flow capabilities to manage our core business process. We integrated Salesforce with our proprietary web application in order to do this, employing Jitterbit as the middleware layer. We've increased efficiencies dramatically and decreased defects to our customers. We've engaged our internal user community into the system implementation and we have about 95% buy-in at this point.

Validated Review

The gold standard has grown so much that it's not really standard anymore. Aging interface

What do you like best?

It's ubiquitous. Every respectable company uses it, and therefore it has a broad user base. It has set the gold standard for CRM and therefore it has great features for almost every business big or small.

Since it's such a common CRM in the market, it has partnered with other big names like Marketo to integrate their products and reach a solid solution for larger organizations.

Mobile Applications are much better now, but they had some growing pains before. The Salesforce 1 platform architecture will allow for better integrations, more features and easier deployments.

What do you dislike?

SFDC provides an Outlook integration that was fantastic and simple, and has become a nightmare. It rarely works, it's not easy to use and it's a pain to update.

Salesforce was very successful in the beginning because they offered ONE product to medium customers. However, when they started working with larger companies, they also had to enable a lot of customizations for those customers requests That has transformed SFDC into a consulting firm first, and a service provider second. This model has left some questions about scalability, ease to do business with, and upgrading to newer platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small and avoid customizations. It's better to adhere to standards. Your company way of doing things today, is not necessarily the best way to do it. Use this as an opportunity to change processes and mechanisms to something standard, and avoid unnecessary costs and long implementations.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

CRM for a software company. We use SFDC to track all inbound leads, opportunities, forecasting and sales. The problem has been cultural, as in other organizations, because sales guys are lazy by nature when it comes to sharing information and reporting to management, so, it will always be a challenge. However, SFDC mobile applications should help us from now on (apps were terrible before!)

Robust CRM with almost Limitless Potential

What do you like best?

Customization. Every instance of SalesForce I have seen has some fundamental difference. It is one of the few products built to be customized to the needs of the specific customer. I have worked with other CRM systems in the past and was always disappointed that I couldn't get them to do x or y or z. WIth SalesForce it is also possible and much of it can be done without writing a line of code.

What do you dislike?

The platform knowledge that is needed to make "good" decisions can be a little overwhelming and sometimes we find ourselves reworking a solution that didn't make the cut because it affected something else. Also as a smaller company, we have never really received the level of support that it seems that larger users get. Additionally, the AppExchange is huge marketplace of Add-ons that allow you to customize and extend SalesForce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do your due diligence and make sure that you can afford a full implementation. Small misunderstandings at the beginning of a CRM project can lead to mountains of frustrations and work later.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

It has allowed us to standardize much of our marketing and sales processes and to report on them in both a real-time and very regular way. We are just now getting to the point where we can see the value of many of the improvements that we are making. For example, we know have a monthly report that grabs data from many sources across SalesForce, compiles it all together and then creates a complex PDF and the entire process only requires the click of one button.

Frequent User - Account Managment

What do you like best?

Salesforce has been bookmarked as a frequently visited site for me for the last 6 years. Through various client-facing roles, Salesforce has been a mainstay.

Currently, I actively use the general Account Detail section, Contact Management, the Opportunity Tracking and Ticketing functionality among many other aspects. At my current company, Salesforce also integrates with our client billing system so all billing information is accessible in Salesforce. It is a one-stop shop for all things client-related, including the latest communication, making account transfers seamless and account history accessible.

From using Salesforce at 3 different agencies, I can confidently say - Salesforce is flexible and can work with any system or internal structure. Having a Salesforce 'innovator' or expert in-house helps - they can constantly research other ways Salesforce can be manipulated to work well with your business needs.

You can't go wrong with Salesforce - it's worth the...

What do you dislike?

No real issues with Salesforce to report. At times I wish the UI was a little more "slick" and fun to use but that is a minor details considering how powerful the system is.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

In the agency world, many different people are touching an account. Salesforce gives every single team member a snapshot of a client at any given time. From the CEO to a Support coordinator, anyone can pop in to see the latest activity in an account - issues, communication, opportunities being discussed, projects in motion, etc. It is an excellent one-stop shop that is organized in a logical way.

Validated Review

This is the worst CRM system and developer platform ever.

What do you like best?

Since we have used SF for a while (since 2007), our contract is cheap compared to current prices. I'm really sad and disappointed that so many people actually think SF is great and rate it 4 or 5 star. I wonder if there is something wrong with me or haven't people tried anything else? We are moving to BaseCRM and PipeDrive, and great choice for SMB.

What do you dislike?

It's slow, its outdated both technically and as a user interface. It's useless out of the box, it hinders me as a sales manager and it hinders my sales reps - they hate it. There are so many things wrong with SF when it comes to sales force management I would be wasting my time and yours. The SOQL ads no benefits over SQL, Apex is one of the worst languages I have seen and I've been programming since 1995 on several different languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please if you are SMB, look at simple tools like Base CRM or Pipedrive and if you are Enterprise, then create your own CRM from scratch and try integrating key marketing and supply chain elements. Don't go Zoho, its even worse than SF and most of the CRM software (SaaS) is just a bad copy of SF, so if you are planning on buying "sh*t", don't buy a copy, get the genuine "sh*t" and that is SF.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Oh, I don't think SF is going to solve my business problems, it actually helps me creating more problems for my reps. SF is a managerial tool not a tool for sales reps trying to do a great job.

Tags

* We monitor all Salesforce CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
As Featured in