Silverpop

Silverpop

25 6.2 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Silverpop is the only digital marketing technology provider that unifies marketing automation, email, mobile, and social.

Silverpop Reviews (25)

The Silverpop Engage programs interface is intuitive and easy to use. We were able to setup a fairly complex branching nurture program in short order. The html... Read More
0 dv0vdrbah486puzwdngodml hr6lrflwfaiodmn cg zfw itpfm jhs69qvphxb2njwgo68wmqv
Sarah Lander
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
Validated Review

One of the best email-centric platforms currently available

What do you like best?

I can easily manage a large number of users while keeping an eye on deliverability. There are a lot of "securities" in place to force deliverability best practices. I can easily send emails in 30 different languages with no problems.

What do you dislike?

As many have mentioned, the UI is dated and needs help. Silverpop is aware and slowly rolling out improvements. A lot of focus seems to be on adding new functionality and new "apps" over addressing some of the usability problems of the core features of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage is a great tool with a lot of advanced features to really help you focus on your targeted audience and make informed decisions. It has a well-documented API to allow you to take advantage of a lot of the functionality of Engage in your own applications/websites. After personally reviewing Eloqua and ExactTarget, Silverpop was attractive not only from a feature set, but from a pricing perspective as well.

Robust Marketing Automation Tool

What do you like best?

Silverpop is a robust marketing automation tool that is designed for marketers to get the most out of their campaigns. For me, deliverability was one aspect that stood out compared to competitors - in a good way. I also liked the Send Time Optimization feature as I was sending emails out for an exclusive event and didn't want my message to get 'lost.'

It'd be a mistake not to mention that their service was awesome at handling the most minor or problems.

What do you dislike?

The GUI could use some 'dummy proofing' especially for those just starting out using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size and reach that you need with your campaigns and what your expected ROI should be.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing Automation

Administrator in Information Technology and Services - Silverpop Review Author

Not for SMB

What do you like best?

Vanity URLs for landing pages, deliverability of emails, ability to store lots of data, forward to a friend tracking was a cool feature!

What do you dislike?

It was a cumbersome user experience. The marketing automation wasn't what we needed, and the customer support was slow to respond to our questions. It was too expensive for our needs and the size of our CRM. Salesforce integration was lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an in-house marketing team with beginner or no coding capacity, this isn't for you. The WYSIWYG capabilities for building email templates and landing pages is messy, and would be helpful with built in templates. If you have over 50K in contacts, the database functions may be helpful.

Overall, I truly found the experience to be slow and constantly found myself telling my execs that Silverpop had messed one thing or another up, after checking for user error, of course! ;)

Better options out there

What do you like best?

Silverpop offers a few slick features like Send Time Optimization which some other systems don't offer yet.

What do you dislike?

I've used Silverpop in two instances. Once back when it was still Vtrenz/Engage B2B and then in 2012 on the Engage 8 platform. In my opinion the old platform was much better than the current. I found the system cumbersome and with a bad UI. I was shocked to see how hard it was to pull reports and export more than 100 contacts from a query. When I looked for helpful resources I came up short. I only used it for about 4 months while we were moving to a different automation system and the move couldn't have come soon enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere.

Reviewed

Silverpop is the bets email marketing system!

What do you like best?

- Easy to load lists and segment them

- Easy to build an email

- It can't get easier to send an email, step by step you cant miss anything

What do you dislike?

It will be nice to be able to select multiple contact lists when sending instead of having to create a query to do so.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We market all of our products and depend on Silverpop 100% with our email marketing efforts.

Tags

* We monitor all Silverpop reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
As Featured in