VerticalResponse

VerticalResponse

16 7.0 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
VerticalResponse provides top email marketing software and services for small and medium businesses in a variety of industries.

VerticalResponse Reviews (18)

0 pcd07bokzyh8nqqwy8x87qz14p5dnqqwy5j87zwdfjljwgidkkj13v0i9tl ctz5jtf38tje10u
Joe Goehring
Salesforce integration, list segmentation, personalization, Google analytics integration, professional pre-made templates, better for non-profits and smaller businesses Read More
Lisa L. Wendland

Simple Yet Robust Direct Mail Marketing Tool

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is my "go to" email marketing tool. When the team is still trying to figure out which tool to use for email marketing and/or complete marketing automation, I buy VR credits to use until they're done with the decision making process.

It is easy to use and has a great variety of templates & designs for those who have never sent an email blast before. Yet it is still great for those of us who've been doing direct marketing for years.

It forces you to check your work and to test the email before sending. This is great for those of us who are rushed yet still want everything to be perfect.

Things I love:

~ Their reporting tools

~ Their upload tools are smart (no more emailing to dupes or broken email addresses!)

~ Ability to send again later to non-responders

~ Ability to send at a specific date & time in the future

~ Ability to buy credits on the fly if you need more than you have

It even has a postcard feature in case your industry is still using...

What do you dislike?

When I was using it regularly in 2013, the Salesforce integration didn't allow team members to share historical data about email campaigns individual members were sending. Each person could only see their own email stats. Hopefully this has changed since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it even while you consider which tool to use. I don't always end up using VR when we're choosing a tool.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Integrated (mostly) with Salesforce. You can use VR inside of SFDC and share email credits with your team, but you can't share history of individual emails sent (as of mid-2013).

No "per user" fee.

No long term obligation. Having commitment issues? Not sure if VR is the right tool to use for email marketing? Thinking of other tools? Use only what you need until you decide. There is no recurring fee. You pay for a fixed number of email credits and are not charged again until you ask for more.

Don't have a designer and/or HTML guru? No problem. They have design templates and allow you to build the HTML using a graphic editor.

Validated Review

A great solution for non-profits

What do you like best?

The best feature for us is that it is free for non-profit organizations which allowed us to make the switch to a more comprehensive email marketing tool.

What do you dislike?

Where we struggle in the switch from just sending Outlook emails and using VR or any similar tool is that for a significant number of recipients, it is going in their spam folder. The emails come from -----@mail.vresp.com not from us. I'm sure for additional cost we could probably change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a non-profit and/or just getting started, I would give it some serious consideration. It was very easy to learn and has some great features.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are now communicating with our constituents in a much more consistent way, but we also have an incredible amount of data and insight on how effective our communications have been.

Great email marketing solution for Not for Profits

What do you like best?

I have the UI particularly easy to navigate with VR. We had had a series of campaigns that had 3-4 very similarly designed emails. The plethora of templates combined with the easy to use interface made creating these very easy.

What do you dislike?

I found the segmentation capabilities to be a bit limiting. We had some complex criteria for defining our customer segments and because with a need to integrate real-time into our CRM, we had to take segmentation offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you accurately get send volume estimates before pulling the trigger. We had a bit of a surprise when we finally go to the quote. Still reasonable in my opinion.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services - VerticalResponse Review Author
Business partner of the vendor or vendor's competitor, not included in G2 Scoring.
Reviewed

Easy to use, economical...

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use, intuitive, the details reports allows for tracking. I also like the variety of email templates they provide, they look professional instead of overly cheesy. The support people were also helpful, when my test campaigns were not shooting out, they went through every step with me to ensure i had configured it correctly.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of clicks, I have seen other products where there are less clicks, especially when you are building the lists and choosing the fields.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Have a quick and easy way to send emails to prospects after a campaign was launced.

Reviewed

Great email platform for non-profit

What do you like best?

Vertical Response has great technical support. I've called in or done live chat with great results. E-mail is not my main profession, but I need it for the non-profit I am involved in and they have been great!

What do you dislike?

I wish they had live seminars like Constant Contact does.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are trying grow our membership and to get information to our membership base. E-mail is the number 1 tool we use to get our members to our events.

Tags

* We monitor all VerticalResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
As Featured in