G2Crowd.com is an online service that provides recommendations, reviews, and best practice information for technology product and services. This Website is owned and operated by G2 Labs, Inc. (“G2”). More details about G2Labs, Inc. can be found below under www.g2labs.net.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Website, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting G2 Labs’ Websites, www.g2crowd.com or www.g2labs.net, (“G2 Websites”) you are accepting the practices described herein.
- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- Children's privacy
- External links
- Visiting our Website from outside the United States
- Your California privacy rights
- How you can contact us
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This may include information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password. We may also request information about your usage of technology products and services and your preferences in choosing technology products and services. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post technology reviews, participate in discussion forums, e-mail content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and technology research content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others.
You may have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Website. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing G2 with their personal information.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit G2’s websites by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web site or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Web site.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the G2 Websites. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- To help us customize the content and website experience provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
How we use your information
G2 uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes: for registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about G2 and invitations from the G2 community; to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the G2 community; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Websites; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience with G2; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce our Terms, Conditions and Notices; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
G2 may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, which may include business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media Web sites and services through our site (such as LinkedIn and Twitter). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media web sites.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of G2, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms, Conditions and Notices and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on the G2 Websites.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- As a registered G2 member, you will be able to modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time on the Member Profile page. Whether registered as a G2 member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your G2 account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Email Communications. G2 wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of new services and technology industry data we provide. One way we do this is by sending you e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent technology-related interests. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from G2, you may not be able to access portions of our site.
If you choose to create a profile on the G2 Websites, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs, other G2 members may contact you by using G2 as an intermediary; however, G2 will not share your email address with any other members nor display it in any public manner. All G2 members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including partners and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You will be able to access and update your contact information by visiting the Member Profile page on the G2 website. You can close your G2 account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the G2 Websites and services, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we are implementing appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we, together with our partners, employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
G2 is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Websites from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Web site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that G2 does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can contact us
G2 Labs, Inc.
1910 First Street, Suite 400
Highland Park, IL 60035