Best A/B Testing Software
Testing and personalization platforms test versions of webpages and digital experiences to promote the best outcomes. Marketers and web developers use A/B testing tools to deploy different versions of digital content, such as calls to action or images, and track which encourages visitors to convert better. Performance results can be combined with segmentation data (such as the visitor’s age, or whether they arrived via social media or search) to personalize experiences to each visitor. Marketers use these tools to improve conversion rates and engage more of the visitors that interact with their brands online. Testing and personalization platforms are deployed on top of web development infrastructure and web content management systems, and they integrate with digital analytics and heat maps software to track visitor behavior.
To qualify for inclusion in the A/B Testing Software category, a product must:
- Conduct split-traffic experiments with defined, trackable goals to determine best performing web content
- Deploy multiple versions of any web content in real time
- Perform split-URL experiments
- Adjust and manage traffic volume to experiment variations
- Provide tools for both technical and non-technical users to perform tests
A/B Testing Software Grid® Overview
The best A/B Testing Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Google Analytics, Optimizely, and Unbounce
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: ion interactive, Monetate, VWO, Convert Experiences, Instapage, Exponea, and Landingi
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Crazy Egg, Omniconvert, Evergage, Dynamic Yield, Qubit Pro, SiteSpect, BrightInfo, Google Optimize, and Freshmarketer