Best ALM Suites Software
Application lifecycle management (ALM) suites enable the development of software applications from conception to delivery. The ALM suite creates an ecosystem in which users can collaborate and complete tasks while creating or improving software. ALM suites define processes for the design, testing, deployment, and management of software applications, and they provide integrated features for development, quality testing, requirements management, and project management. ALM suites can be used by different departments throughout the software creation process; developers may use it during the software’s creation, then product managers or quality assurance supervisors can use the suite to monitor the product after deployment. ALM Suites can apply to the creation and monitoring of a range of software projects and are used by employees in different roles throughout the development lifecycle. ALM suites often integrate with or share many features of project management tools. It will often include or integrate with design and development software such as integrated development environments or prototyping software.
To qualify as an ALM suite, a product must:
- Possess tools for requirements management
- Possess tools for software development and testing
- Provide team collaboration features
- Provide release management features
- Provide tools for governance and maintenance
ALM Suites Software Grid® Overview
The best ALM Suites Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: MicroFocus ALM, Helix ALM, and Visual Studio Team Services
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: SpiraTeam, Jama Software, and codeBeamer ALM
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: IBM Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS Next Generation, and Mylyn