Best App Monetization Software
App monetization software helps mobile application developers and publishers earn money from their apps through mobile app advertising. Doing so allows developers to offer their app to users for free, but is also commonly used to supplement other revenue sources such as paid downloads and freemium models. App monetization software is used by the software developers and mobile publishers to create and format ad units inside the app and streamline the selling of the ad space through mobile ad networks and exchanges. App monetization platforms are sold both as best of breed products specifically for selling mobile apps, or as part of a more comprehensive publisher ad management product. App monetization software is paralleled by mobile advertising software that advertisers use to purchase the ad space made available in apps. Ad networks and ad exchanges serve as the bridge between the two sides, and app monetization platforms must integrate with those to ensure ads transition smoothly through the online ad buying process.
To qualify for inclusion in the App Monetization category, a product must:
- Offer software development kits (SDKs) for the ability to create and manage ad units within mobile apps on iOS, Android, or Windows devices. Mobile website ad units are also sometimes available within these platforms as well.
- Integrate with third-party ad networks and exchanges, and/or offer access to its own proprietary ad inventory offerings
- Automate processes for trafficking and managing ads
- Track ad conversion and audience demographic information
App Monetization Software Grid® Overview
The best App Monetization Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Unity Ads and Facebook Audience Network
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: AerServ
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: DoubleClick for Publishers and Google AdMob
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.