Best Assessment Software
Assessment software is mainly used by educational professionals to create and administer tests to students via digital platform. Tests and assessments are designed to be taken on computers, tablets, or other digital devices.
Assessment software provides instructors with a format for writing questions and inserting answers, which in turn allows students to take assessments through a portal or mobile app. Once assessments are completed, assessment software grades the test, instantly offering scores upon completion. It is generally considered the preferred alternative to environmentally damaging paper-and-pencil assessments.
Assessment software can be used as an independent tool, but it typically works in conjunction with other types of education software such as student information systems (SIS) and learning management systems (LMS).
To qualify for inclusion in the Assessment category, a product must:
- Be designed for use in the education industry
- Include test creation features
- Be able to administer digital tests or assessments
Assessment Software Grid® Overview
The best Assessment Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: McGraw-Hill Connect, ALEKS, Nearpod, Istation, and Edsby
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: iSpring QuizMaker
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: NWEA Assessments and ExamView Assessment Suite
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Assessment Generator and Chalk & Wire Learning Assessment