Best Association Management Software
Association management systems (AMSs) provide membership associations the functionality to interact and oversee members of the organization. The capabilities of an AMS include storing member information in a database, collecting and managing members’ financial dues, organizing association events, and a platform for communicating with members. These products may also allow users to create, publish, and distribute content to the association; manage certifications; and provide a self-service portal for new members to sign up and access information. AMSs can be utilized by organizations such as a rotary club, parent teacher organization, or nonprofit, among many others.
An AMS may integrate with other types of software to perform specific tasks at a higher level. These integrations may include content management systems to provide members with urgent or informational content, CRM platforms to store member information, or accounting products to maintain record of financial dues. Others may be tailored to nonprofit organizations or fundraising platforms.
To qualify for inclusion in the Association Management System category, a product must:
- Store membership data for an organization
- Provide a platform to interact and communicate with members regarding events and announcements
- Collect and record payment dues from association members
Association Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Association Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: MemberClicks, Fonteva for Associations, YourMembership, and iMIS
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: GrowthZone, StarChapter, and MemberLeap
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: netFORUM Enterprise
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: netFORUM Pro and Personify360