Best Auction Software
Auction software provides users with a digital platform to organize, manage, and conduct live auctions. Companies use the software to conduct live auctions either as a centralized medium for business practices or for a fundraising event. Many auction tools offer features for remote, online auctions as well. These platforms provide tools to keep track of inventory and pricing prior to an auction. They include tools for time, inventory, and sale management during live auctions. They also produce reports to display profits, remaining inventory, sales figures, and other metrics, depending on the product. Some fundraising software contains tools to conduct auctions, but products in the Auction category operate solely for the purpose of auctioneering. Some also integrate with POS or donor management software to file payments and track purchasers.
To qualify for inclusion in the Auction category, a product must:
- Provide a platform to manage live bidding
- Provide tools to manage inventory and pricing
- Produce reports on purchases, profits, and remaining inventory
- Manage payments through internal features or integrated software
Auction Software Grid® Overview
The best Auction Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: OneCause, formerly BidPal and SchoolAuction.net
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Silent Auction Pro and Accelevents Mobile Auctions
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: ReadySetAuction