Best Background Check Software
Background check software provides users with pre-employment screening including work, criminal, and driving history checks. The software is used by organizations to streamline the screening process for new hires and volunteers, as well as organize the data collected through the screening process.
Organizations use background check software to ensure the veracity of new hires’ stated backgrounds, employment history, and credit history, and to carry out drug screens. The software hastens the interviewing and onboarding process by allowing the prospective employee or volunteer to fill out information directly through the software, ramping up the efficiency of the process and saving the employer on time and costs.
Background check software is typically used in conjunction with a larger suite of core HR software and often integrates with an applicant tracking system (ATS). The integration with the ATS is useful because it allows you to access background check information through one online portal using a single sign-on, streamlining the application process and helping HR maintain a holistic view of each candidate.
To qualify for inclusion in the Background Check category, a product must:
- Track the progress of indicators in real time
- Offer comprehensive screening of candidates
- Facilitate direct communication between the candidate and screeners
- Integrate with a larger suite of HR software
Background Check Software Grid® Overview
The best Background Check Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: HireRight, Paycom, and CareerBuilder Employment Screening
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Newton ATS and Victig Screening Solutions
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Sterling Talent Solutions
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.