Best Barcode Software
Barcode software is used to generate machine-readable code in the form of various numbers and parallel lines of different widths. These tools have the functionality to print this data—the barcode—on to products. Barcodes can be scanned and read by integrating scanners. These tools offer templates so you may print your barcode in the template that works best for your business. Different industries and countries use these varying templates to print the barcodes that fit their specific purposes.
Barcode tools integrate with inventory management systems to keep track of information such as stock levels, product locations, and raw materials whenever the barcode is scanned. By automating the data entry process through scanning the barcodes, these tools eliminate the potential for human error with manual data entry. Barcodes are typically scanned when a product is sold or shipped from location to another. This information is especially useful to businesses in industries such as manufacturing and e-commerce.
To qualify for inclusion in the Barcode category, a product must:
- Generate barcodes
- Allow for a computer or other electronic device to read and interpret the generated barcodes
- Provide printable barcode templates
- Assign specific serial numbers to products
- Integrate with an inventory management system to store relevant data/li>
Barcode Software Grid® Overview
The best Barcode Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: GlobalVision
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: EZOfficeInventory, Finale Inventory, and HandiFox Desktop
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Fishbowl Inventory
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.