Best Brand Advocacy Software
Brand Advocacy software, sometimes referred to as Advocacy Marketing or Referral Marketing software, is used by companies to enable their brand advocates to promote their message, content, or products through word-of-mouth. A brand advocate is a customer or employee of a business who pro-actively shares it via mobile, email, or social media with or without incentive. Brand advocates are eager to share anecdotal evidence about their experiences using products and services, and brand advocacy software programs help to facilitate that sharing process.
Products in this category are used by businesses in a wide-range of industries, most often by marketing or advocacy teams. The software can be used to help acquire new customers, develop brand identity, and engage loyal users. These goals are accomplished in a few ways. Some brand advocacy software programs use tracking codes to create customer referral programs which can be monitored from a dashboard. Others feature platforms that simplify the process for users to share a company’s content and marketing narratives, in some cases rewarding them for every share.
Brand advocacy software tends to be focused on either employee advocacy or consumer advocacy, although there are a small number of products that provide platforms for both employees and consumers.
To qualify for inclusion in the Brand Advocacy category, a product must:
- Provide features to create and manage referral programs in order to find and attract the best advocates for each brand
- Deliver engagement and communication tools to establish an ongoing personalized dialogue with advocates
- Have the ability to help marketers share information, content, and documents with advocates, which may be different at each stage of the engagement
- Monitor interactions with advocates and their activities to understand how they can help marketers and what they need to become better at it
Brand Advocacy Software Grid® Overview
The best Brand Advocacy Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Influitive AdvocateHub, Hootsuite, and Bambu
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Swagbucks, EveryoneSocial, GaggleAMP, PostBeyond, Ambassador Referral Marketing, Zuberance, and Advocately
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Sprinklr and Dynamic Signal
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Social Toaster, ReferralCandy, CustomerAdvocacy.com, and Queue