Best Browser Software
Browser software allows a user to access and interact with websites (written in HTML, translated into readable content) on the internet. Most browsers support external plugins required to display active content, e.g. in-page video, audio, and Flash content. Browsers are available with different features and are designed to run on different operating systems.
To qualify for inclusion in the Browser category, a product must:
- Be downloadable
- Translate HTML into readable content
- Support external plugins to display active content
Browser Software Grid® Overview
The best Browser Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Chrome and Apple Safari
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: Mozilla Firefox
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Internet Explorer
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.