Best Business Intelligence Platforms Software
Business intelligence platforms provide an architecture for businesses to analyze company data and reveal patterns and insights. BI platforms are used by IT and data professionals to model and transform enterprise data and to deploy internal analytics applications to business users. Businesses require intelligence throughout their company structure to determine the health of metrics and how different metrics and data points are related. This analysis can locate opportunities and areas of improvement and is necessary to continue adapting and refining business strategies. BI platforms consume data in its many forms, through file uploads and direct connectors to databases and business applications.
To qualify as a BI platform, a product must:
- Consume data from any source through file uploads, database querying, and application connectors
- Provide an architecture to transform data into a useful and relatable model
- Support data modeling, blending, and discovery processes
- Create reports and visualizations with business utility
- Create and deploy internal analytics applications
Products in our BI Platforms category are more customizable and comprehensive platforms than our other BI categories that require more IT involvement to set up and deploy. For products designed to be primarily configured and used by average business users like managers and analysts, look at our Self-Service BI category. Our Data Visualization category houses products primarily designed to create charts, graphs, and benchmark visualizations.
Business Intelligence Platforms Software Grid® Overview
The best Business Intelligence Platforms Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: MicroStrategy, Domo, Sisense, QlikView, BOARD, Information Builders WebFOCUS, Microsoft Power BI, SAP BusinessObjects BI, Tableau Server, InsightSquared, Looker, and Mode Analytics
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: Easy Insight, Halo, JReport, Phocas Software, Chartio, Yellowfin BI, Treasure Data, InetSoft Style Intelligence, Dundas BI, and Syncfusion Dashboard Platform
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: GoodData, IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud, Oracle BI, Pentaho, SAS Business Intelligence, TIBCO Spotfire, and Essbase
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Birst, Kyubit Business Intelligence, Numetric, and CALUMO