Best Car Dealer Software
Car dealer software, also known as dealership management systems (DMS), includes products that assist in the operations of automobile retailers. These products can assist with both front and back office tasks, and may provide tools for inventory, cost calculation, financing, and authorization—for both cars and customers (e.g. credit reports, accident history, etc.). Car dealer software tools can also offer features for preparing and storing warranty information, sales contracts, tracking auto repairs, appraisals, and recurring e-payments. Car dealer products are typically used by the sales team and office administrators in new and/or used car dealerships. Car dealer solutions may integrate with or offer features of billing, inventory management, website builder, or CRM software.
To qualify for inclusion in the Car Dealer category, a product must:
- Provide tools for managing car dealerships such as vehicle inventory, customer authorization, and sales floor assistance.
Car Dealer Software Grid® Overview
The best Car Dealer Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: VinSolutions and CDK Global
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: PERQ
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: CDK Drive, DealerSocket, and ERA-IGNITE
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.