Best Cloud Migration Software
Cloud migration software helps companies upgrade systems and update data by assisting in the relocation of files through the cloud. These solutions, also referred to as content transformation or content integration tools, often provide features for data encryption, data backup, and documentation for migration records on both a systemwide and file-specific level.
They often integrate with entire classes of software such as enterprise content management (ECM), or they’re geared towards products for SharePoint migration and Office 365 migration.
Most migration tools can transfer large pools of calendars, contacts, documents, and communications to cloud applications or storage tools. Successfully utilizing a cloud migration tool can save IT departments significant time and simplify future cloud data integration practices. They can also simplify the organization, consolidation, and integration of a wide range of data types.
To qualify for inclusion in the Cloud Migration category, a product must:
- Sync applications with cloud storage systems
- Assist with migration of large numbers of files and various file types through the cloud
- Provide data security tools, backup assistance, or integration with backup software to keep files safe during migration
Cloud Migration Software Grid® Overview
The best Cloud Migration Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Carbonite and Salesforce Platform: Salesforce Connect
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: StarfishETL and PieSync
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Ingres and Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion Software