Best CMMS Software
Computerized maintenance management systems (CMMSs) are used by companies, such as manufacturers, that need to manage assets and equipment, as well as some service providers. Since assets represent an important investment for any company, CMMS can help by optimizing asset use and productivity. This type of software can cover multiple stages of the asset lifecycle, from acquisition to disposition. CMMS is used by technicians to maintain assets in optimal condition, and by managers to make educated decisions on how to improve asset utilization.
A CMMS best serves small businesses and should not be confused with EAM software, which delivers advanced asset management features for large companies and complex industries such as oil and gas, mining, or construction. CMMS solutions integrate with accounting solutions to manage the financial value and the depreciation of the assets.
To qualify for inclusion in the CMMS category, a product must:
- Manage various types of assets across multiple locations
- Track inventory for spare parts and materials needed for maintenance
- Schedule maintenance activities such as inspections, repairs, and upgrades
- Manage resources (human and equipment) and allocate them to maintenance operations
- Deliver reports and analytics on asset utilization, maintenance costs, and technician productivity
- Ensure asset compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Provide a mobile friendly interface or mobile apps for field service technicians
CMMS Software Grid® Overview
The best CMMS Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: eMaint CMMS
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Dude Solutions Work & Asset Management, Maintenance Connection, and Hippo CMMS
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: MicroMain CMMS and ServiceChannel