Best CMS Tools
CMS tools, also known as content management system tools, are pieces of software designed to help users to create, edit, publish, manage, and store digital content.
CMS tools are used by organizations to add increased functionality and depth to the curated content within an existing CMS. These tools are widely used by businesses of all sizes to aid in the management of content on a website, blog, or other domain. The software gives users power to craft a website in the exact style of their choosing via different features and content types.
CMS tools are typically used in conjunction with a CMS to upgrade the content built within a website. Some tools may be integrated with WCM, or web content management software, marketing automation software, or content analytics software, while others may be used as standalone products to serve a specific-content related need. CMS tools fill the gaps within a given CMS, allowing users to manage websites and flesh them out to the exact desired specifications with increased efficiency.
To qualify for inclusion in the CMS Tools category, a product must:
- Increase the ease of content manipulation
- Allow for the creation, sharing, editing, managing, or storing of digital content without prior coding knowledge
- Integrate with a CMS, WCM, or other digital marketing software
CMS Tools Grid® Overview
The best CMS Tools products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: CamScanner, VideoLan, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WP Engine, Pantheon, Siteimprove, WeTransfer, PDFfiller, and Feedly
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Fetch, Localize, PDF Xchange Viewer and Editor, Butter CMS, PowerDMS, and Xtensio
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Acquia, Windows Live Writer, and SumoMe
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Worldox GX4 and OpenText RightFax Fax Server