Best Construction Estimating Software
Construction estimating software offers contractors and construction businesses a job costing tool for specific projects. These solutions are used to provide bid prices based on resource and labor costs, other overhead, historical cost evaluations, cost reporting, and the ability to manually adjust the bid price, among other features. Construction estimating tools are essential to construction companies and contractors landing business, therefore they are included in construction suites, but can be purchased as standalone products. Estimating may also be a feature of construction accounting software, and the functions can be applied to other verticals, such as architecture and other engineering roles.
To qualify for inclusion in the Construction Estimating category, a product must:
- Estimate costs and budgets for potential construction projects
- Create bids based on the estimations to be utilized by companies or contractors
- Use historical data to base future estimates on past costing
Construction Estimating Software Grid® Overview
The best Construction Estimating Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores.
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Quick Bid and PlanSwift
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Sage Estimating
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.