Best Construction Management Software
Construction management software allows companies to oversee off-site construction crews and follow project progress. These management solutions offer scheduling, project management, and workforce management for construction teams in the field. Other features may include punch lists, crew routing, time tracking, and expense management. Construction management software is very similar to field service management, however it is specifically tailored to the construction industry as opposed to general field service industries. Some construction management products provide more comprehensive functionality, which may include construction accounting and construction estimating capabilities. If a product provides all three high-level features, then they are categorized as a construction suite.
To qualify for inclusion in the Construction Management category, a product must:
- Allow managers to schedule field construction workers
- Track the progress of construction projects
- Record project information to best determine resource and labor allocation
Construction Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Construction Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Procore and Autodesk BIM 360
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Bridgit Closeout
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Corecon, Newforma Project Center, and GenieBelt