Best Container Monitoring Software
Container monitoring software tracks container performance, collects event data, and measures the effects of container-sharing resources. Monitoring practices can be proactive, reactive, or adaptive. Proactive monitoring sets protocols to prevent container failure. Reactive monitoring alerts users by raising events when containers fail. Adaptive monitoring continually assesses container performance and impacts from new components. Companies use these tools to prevent large-scale failures and understand what caused individual events. They also help to optimize software-defined networks and resource allocation. In reality, container monitoring is essentially application performance monitoring (APM) software for container applications and their networks. They can exist independently or function alongside software types such as container management software and container networking software solutions.
To qualify for inclusion in the Container Monitoring category, a product must:
- Track container application and network performance
- Track resource usage
- Alert users when container failure occurs
- Log events for future analysis
Container Monitoring Software Grid® Overview
The best Container Monitoring Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: AppDynamics and Dynatrace
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders.
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Datadog
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: SignalFx