Best Container Orchestration Software
Container orchestration software allows developers to deploy multiple containers for implementation within applications. These tools help IT administrators automate the process of running instances, provisioning hosts, and linking containers. These tools assist in optimizing orchestration procedures and extending the lifecycle of applications containing multiple containers. They can also facilitate deployment, identify failed container implementations, and manage application configurations. Companies use these to increase scalability and functionality of applications by adding containers and connecting information about repositories and networks. They can also improve security by setting requirements for accessing containers and keeping components separated from one another. Container management platforms may include orchestration features, but many container orchestration solutions function as a complement to the management platform.
To qualify for inclusion in the Container Orchestration category, a product must:
- Allow administrators to provision hosts
- Schedule and automate container deployment
- Run instances of multiple containers
- Alert users of failed containers
Container Orchestration Software Grid® Overview
The best Container Orchestration Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Kubernetes and Elastic Container Service (ECS)
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Shippable
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Apache Mesos