Best Content Marketing Software
Content marketing software programs are used by marketing teams to optimize and manage the creation, curation, distribution, monitoring, sharing, and sourcing of content. These content pieces can include written content, images, infographics, and videos. Promoting collaboration and cohesion among marketing teams, content marketing products help to plan, track, and manage activities by both internal and external parties, allowing businesses to optimize their marketing strategies across multiple channels.
Companies use this type of software to execute a content strategy that presents information in targeted ways that engage readers. This content is commonly used by marketing or other customer-facing departments to make content available to groups such as prospects, customers, distributors, and resellers. In order to present the right information to appropriate audiences, companies use content marketing software which enables them to create, manage, and distribute content. These solutions can help businesses address content marketing challenges such as creating different types of content (written content, images, infographics, and videos) for each communication channel (website, social media, conferences and exhibitions, etc.) or managing who has access to which type of content.
To qualify for inclusion in the Content Marketing category, a product must:
- Provide features to create and manage different types of marketing content (brochures, product sheets, reports, case studies, etc.)
- Include workflows and business processes to streamline content marketing activities, as well as promote collaboration and cohesion among marketing teams
- Allow users to share marketing content on multiple channels (web, social media, etc.) and target customer segments with personalized content
- Track content performance and interactions between content consumers and the company
- Optimize marketing content activities based on insights and recommendations on what content works best for which type of customer and/or channel
Content Marketing Software Grid® Overview
The best Content Marketing Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: ion interactive, ClearSlide, NewsCred, Scoop.it, TechValidate, Uberflip, Curata, PathFactory (formerly LookBookHQ), Ceros, Showpad, Pressly, CoSchedule, Contently, Skyword, ClearVoice, Outgrow, and Joomag
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: ManageWP, Viral Content Bee, FlippingBook, UpContent, TINT, DivvyHQ, Sorc'd, Sparkle, Opinion Stage, Flockrush, and Instant Magazine
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: SmartFocus, Oracle Content Marketing, Percolate, Kapost, Outbrain Amplify, Taboola, SnapApp, ScribbleLive, and AddThis
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: SAVO Sales Enablement, Myblogguest, Wyng, Atomic AI, Sniply, Zerys, BrandpointHUB, and Paper.li