Best Continuous Deployment Software
Continuous deployment software is software that automatically deploys built applications to production. Continuous deployment tools are often used by large companies that need to quickly, frequently, and easily release new changes to their customers’ applications. Continuous deployment tools are used by DevOps teams through a workflow called the deployment pipeline. Deployment pipelines are defined by each business, but when the requirement to automatically deploy stable code to production after a successful build is needed, companies choose continuous deployment software. These systems build on the capabilities done with continuous integration (CI) software and continuous delivery (CD) software in that it gives companies the means to deploy their code to production. These systems often integration with configuration management software.
To qualify for inclusion in the Continuous Deployment category, a product must:
- Connect to code repositories
- Generate a software build
- Deploy a built application to a production environment automatically
- Send alerts when builds fail
Continuous Deployment Software Grid® Overview
The best Continuous Deployment Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews)
and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Codeship, CircleCI, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet Pipelines, Octopus Deploy, Travis CI, and AWS CodeDeploy
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders High Performers include: Semaphore
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction
ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
Contenders include: Puppet Enterprise, Chef, GoCD, Bamboo, TeamCity, AWS CodePipeline, and AWS CloudFormation
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer
Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.
Niche products include: Strider, Shippable, and Deploybot