Best CPQ Software
Configure, price, quote (CPQ) software helps companies automate the lifecycle of the quoting and proposal process, starting with the moment a customer supplies their needs in a company’s offering and ending with sending a detailed quote to the customer or prospect. CPQ software is used in sales departments to accelerate the sales process while improving quote accuracy and customer relations. These software products allow companies to determine a customer’s needs and provide them with custom quotes that best fit those specific needs. Products are typically built on an existing customer relationship management (CRM) software or designed to integrate with one (or more) CRM tools.
To qualify for inclusion in the CPQ category, a product must:
- Include features for the basic activities that are part of the configure, price, quote lifecycle: configuration logic for the offering, standard and custom pricing, and quote tracking
- Provide information that salespeople can use to quickly create offers that are beneficial for both the customer and the company
- Offer workflows for users to create, modify, send, and track quote documents in different formats
- Allow the use of CRM, ERP, and other enterprise software data to define and manage product catalogs including pricing and bundling for hundreds or thousands of products
- Evaluate the profitability of each offering based on financial rules, customer pricing, costs, and external factors like competitors, market changes, or laws and regulations
- Integrate with other solutions downstream (to gather and analyze data for better quoting) and upstream (to propagate new pricing into other solutions such as e-commerce)
- Assist users with analytics and reporting during the entire quoting process, and provide data and suggestions to improve the process
CPQ Software Grid® Overview
The best CPQ Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Apttus CPQ, Oracle CPQ Cloud (BigMachines), and Salesforce CPQ
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: KBMax 3D CPQ
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: CallidusCloud CPQ and FPX CPQ