Best Data Management Platform (DMP) Software
What is a DMP?
Data management platforms (DMPs) are central hubs that store and analyze all of a company’s customer, audience, and marketing data. DMPs help companies make best use of the massive amounts of data they collect by analyzing data from multiple sources and presenting it in easily digestible ways. DMPs are used by ad agencies, marketers, and publishers to create rich, custom data sets and more effectively target users for online advertising. DMPs pull in data from multiple sources, including first-party software—such as CRM platforms, digital analytics tools, and advertising technology like advertiser campaign management and publisher ad managementproducts, and ad networks—as well as third-party data providers.
To qualify for inclusion in the DMP category, a product must:
- Pull in and store data from multiple sources such as first-party websites and software, third-party data providers, and offline sources
- Output data into DSPs, SSPs, and other advertising tools to inform ad buying decisions
Data Management Platform (DMP) Software Grid® Overview
The best Data Management Platform (DMP) Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores.
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Signal, Salesforce DMP, MediaMath TerminalOne Marketing OS™, and Lotame
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Adobe Audience Manager and Oracle BlueKai
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: V12 Data