Best Data Visualization Software
Data visualization software translates data and metrics into charts, graphs, and other useful designs. Analysts, managers, and other business users use data visualization products to create dashboards, scorecards, and other easy-to-interpret visualizations of company data. These visualizations help users benchmark metrics and present patterns in company stats. Data visualization products consume data in its many forms, through file uploads and direct connectors to databases and business applications. Designed to streamline the visualization process and not for complex data transformation or data blending, data visualization products do not abstract data to data warehouses or OLAP cubes.
Products in our Data Visualization category are designed primarily for visualizing data and do not support more complex data transformation, modeling, blending, or discovery processes. Products in the BI Platforms and Self-Service BI categories provide visualization tools while also supporting these kinds of data manipulations.
To qualify for inclusion in the Data Visualization category, a product must:
- Consume data from any source through file uploads, database querying, and application connectors
- Translate data into visual representations useful for business functions
Data Visualization Software Grid® Overview
The best Data Visualization Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Google Chart Tools, Klipfolio, Infogram, RStudio, Grapher, SAP Lumira, Grow.com, Segment, Periscope Data, NinjaCat, and Databox
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Visme, Halo, Megalytic, Geckoboard, Slemma, iDashboards, ChartMogul, Statpedia, Q Research Software, DashThis, and Jupyter
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: SAP Roambi, Oracle Scorecard, Looker, Kibana, and Google Data Studio
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Highcharts, FusionCharts, GlobiFlow for Podio, Avora, and ClicData