Best Dental Practice Management Software
Dental practice management software provides tools for dentists and related health professionals to oversee their day-to-day operations. The capabilities of these products can include appointment scheduling, document storage and sharing, contact databases, and reporting, as well as dental history charting, patient notes, and treatment plans. They may also include communication platforms for the employees within a dentistry and assist with filing and tracking insurance claims. Receptionists and dentists will utilize these tools to ensure their businesses run smoothly and critical information is safely stored and easily accessible. Dental practice management software often integrates or comes bundled with billing or accounting software to help assist with the financial side of a dentistry business and dental imaging to store and organize patient x-rays and images.
To qualify for inclusion in the Dental Practice Management category, a product must:
- Provide one or more tools designed exclusively for managing operations within a dentist’s office such as patient scheduling, procedure database and pricing, and billing features
Dental Practice Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Dental Practice Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: EagleSoft
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Open Dental Software
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Dentrix
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.