Best Digital Asset Management Software
Digital asset management (DAM) software catalogues and maintains repositories of media files such as photos, audio files, and video files. By applying metadata taxonomies to assets, users are able to group, search, and distribute files. DAM solutions often come with other features such as powerful import and export functionality, versioning, preview and thumbnail views of assets optimized for processing speed, and automatic conversion of files to different file types or file sizes. DAM systems are often implemented by marketing and operations teams across various industries for help in defining and managing their online brands. These products can also be used to reduce the duplication of an organization’s assets, maintain up-to-date collections, and control security of assets with role-based permissions. Some businesses assign specific individuals as DAM administrators or “librarians” to oversee these assets and ensure they follow established brand-specific guidelines. Many DAM products integrate with other management software like those in our Enterprise Content Management category and Web Content Management category, as well as with various other creative software including website builders and content marketing tools.
To qualify for inclusion in the Digital Asset Management category, a product must:
- Provide storage for company-wide rich media files, such as photos, sound files, and videos, as well as presentations and graphics, specifically related to company branding
- Allow users to tag assets and search for and access files as needed
- Offer tools for managing rights and permissions of media content for external use and embedding on internal or external websites
Digital Asset Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Digital Asset Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews)
and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Bynder, MarcomCentral, Cumulus by Canto, Canto, Widen Collective, Extensis Portfolio, Webdam, Brandfolder, Salsify Product Experience Management Platform, IntelligenceBank Digital Asset Management, Daminion, iNEWS, Image Relay, Wiredrive, Libris, and ENPS
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders High Performers include: WoodWing Elvis DAM, Brandworkz, MediaValet, Asset Bank, MerlinOne, globaledit, NetX, pimcore, and hyper Content & Digital Asset Management Server
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction
ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
Contenders include: Documentum, Percolate, Nuxeo Platform, assetSERV, OpenText MediaBin, Interplay | MAM, CONTENTdm, and censhare Digital Experience Platform
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer
Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.
Niche products include: CELUM, MediaBeacon R3volution, Xinet by Northplains, ResourceSpace, Piction, Northplains, MediaBank, and Brand Connect