Best Document Generation Software
Document generation software allows users to generate, customize, edit, and produce data driven documents. These platforms can function as PDF creators, and document generators that pull data from third-party sources into templates. Document generation applications can leverage data from a variety of source systems like CRM, ERP and storage. Document generation applications should easily maintain brand consistency and offer conditional formatting. Documents created through these products range in functionality and can include reports, forms, proposals, legal documentation, notes, and contracts, among others.
To qualify for inclusion in the Document Generation category, a product must:
- Enable to creation of text-based and graphically rich documents
- Allow documents to be saved and exported in multiple formats
- Have the ability to store and share documents
- Offer data merge/import capability from 3rd party systems such as ERP or CRM
- Support for Dynamic and/or customizable templates
- Support for complex content types such as tables, images, charts, and custom fonts
Document Generation Software Grid® Overview
The best Document Generation Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: PDFelement
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: WebMerge and Docsmore
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: SpringCM Contract Management and Octiv
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.