E-Signature software refers to software platforms designed to gather signatures without printing a document and physically signing. In many countries, including the United States, e-signatures and print signatures have equal legal ramifications. E-signature software allows companies or individuals to reduce the cycle time to gather signatures as well as reduce costs of gathering and storing signatures on paper.
What is E-Signature Software?
Compare Best E-Signature SoftwareG2 Crowd helps you compare the best E-Signature Software products. You can compare products on the Grid, or by selecting any of the products for a side-by-side comparison. In addition, you can download the full report for more detailed information about E-Signature Software products. Only products with 10 or more reviews are included in the Grid. For a full list of products, click on the Products tab.
G2 Crowd Grid for E-Signature
Buying Considerations in E-Signature Software
- Regulatory compliance
- Signature compliance varies from industry to industry. Make sure to familiarize yourself with restrictions and guidelines for using e-signatures in your industry. E-signature products can help you comply with regulations by providing the ability to securely store documents for a set time and track the signing process for auditing purposes.
- Industry customization
- In addition to industry specific compliance concerns, functionality needs differ across industries. E-Signature vendors typically provide contract templates for businesses in industries such as insurance, real estate, financial services, government, and healthcare.
- Depending on the nature of your business, signing and tracking contracts on the go can be a convenience or a necessity. More e-signature vendors are adding mobile functionality to their products either in the form of native iOS/Android applications or through a mobile browser. Mobile functionality differs greatly between products and if mobile is a factor in your decision, make sure to compare features across applications.
- Many e-signature products offer out of the box integration to popular CRM or document management tools. Integrating an E-Signature product with your CRM or document management platform can make the contract signing process more efficient and easier to manage.
- Cloud vs. on premise
- Cloud e-signature tools offer a Software as a Service pricing model and work inside a browser. On-premise e-signature tools are installed on hardware owned and maintained by the customer.
- Most of the new e-signature tools were born in the cloud. The cloud pricing model is typically a set price per user per month. Cloud tools are easy to implement, don’t require hardware investments, and allow you to pay overtime based on usage.
- On premise
- Most customers who use on-premise tools purchase a perpetual license based on the number of users and pay an annual maintenance fee. On-premise tools might be client-server tools that require a software to be installed in each user’s PC or might be browser based. On-premise tools require IT support to install and maintain, and also require investments in hardware.
Key Benefits of E-Signature Software
- Paperless - Eliminate the paper trail of contracts, which reduces printing and physical file storage needs
- Efficiency - A fully digital process allows contracts to be sent, edited and signed over email much faster than through the postal system.
- Audit Trail and Compliance - Set workflows and automatically store document history seamlessly
- Improved productivity - Less time spent on signing and processing contracts across your company saves money and allows employees to spend more time on their work.
These are the common features of E-Signature Software
- Document Signing
- Allows signor to easily and intuitively sign documents
- Reminders and Expirations
- Reminds signors of documents that are waiting to be signed and document expiration dates
- Sign in process
- Process of authenticating is secure and seemless
- User can easy send and sign documents on mobile devices
- Signature Workflow
- Sendor/Adminstrators can easily set up and track documents through multiple signature steps
- Mass Signatures
- Send documents requiring signature to 1000's of signers at once
- Provides standard reports and easy creation of custom reports to manage signature process
- Signature Document Creation
- Easy to create signature blocks on all required electronic document types/formats
Security and Scalability
- Regulatory Compliance
- Meets required regulartory compliances
- Signature History and Audit
- Tracks all document signing history to comply with required regulations
- Enterprise Scalability
- Provides features to allow scaling for large organizations
- Custom Branding
- Custom branding can be applied through signature process