Best eDiscovery Software
Electronic discovery (eDiscovery) software enables the review of electronic documents and information for use during litigation. Law firms and corporate legal departments use eDiscovery platforms to collect all possible files and associated metadata, filter out information beyond the legal scope, and then review individual documents to determine relevance to the case. This is preceded by a subpoena for digital information sent to relevant parties, which specifies the types of files, dates considered, relevant content, and other stipulations. Many eDiscovery products integrate with database, file storage, or backup systems to streamline import and data collection processes as well as other case management tools to group this data with all other information related to specific cases.
To qualify for inclusion in the eDiscovery category, a product must:
- Gather and compartmentalize data files from companies and individuals involved in pending court cases
- Filter and sort documents as needed based on user settings, pulling data points relevant to the case
eDiscovery Software Grid® Overview
The best eDiscovery Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Z-Discovery - Legal Hold Pro + Digital Discovery Pro, Logikcull, and Relativity
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Exterro, Nextpoint, Discovery Attender, CloudNine, and Lexbe eDiscovery Platform
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Ringtail, Encase eDiscovery, Nuix eDiscovery Workstation, and Viewpoint
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.