Best EHR Software
Electronic health records (EHR), also known as electronic medical records (EMR), are real-time digital versions of patient medical information. EHR software allows medical professionals across multiple health care organizations to access, input, and adjust patient data. It also allows patients to log on to their own profiles so that they can stay up to date on their own medical record. Since EHR software is designed to share information with multiple health care providers, like pharmacies and laboratories, a patient’s profile can have information from all of the professionals involved in the patient’s care. When medical professionals use an EHR, they have a more holistic view of the patient’s health and will be able to more effectively serve their patients. EHRs can integrate with several different types of software such as practice management software, billing systems, medical scheduling, and more.
To qualify for inclusion in the Electronic Health Record category, a product must:
- Record and track patient data in real time.
- Have functionality across multiple health care providers.
- Allow patients to log in to view their own profile.
EHR Software Grid® Overview
The best EHR Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: NextGen® Healthcare, Cerner, and WebPT
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Practice Fusion
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Meditech EHR
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Allscripts EHR