Best Email Marketing Software
Email marketing software platforms are designed to directly promote a commercial message to a group of people using email. Email marketing is most often used to acquire new customers, increase customer engagement, or share promotional materials. Products in this category are often used by marketing teams, but many are geared to users in any role or profession. They allow users of varying skill levels to connect with customers, or potential customers, to share their commercial message. An important feature of email marketing tools is the ability to segment user lists to specifically target subsets of the larger user base. Email marketing platforms that integrate with CRM or digital analytics products can enhance the segmentation capabilities of the platform. There are also many free email marketing solutions professionals can research depending on the size of their company.
Email marketing is sometimes purchased as part of a broader marketing automation suite. This category includes products which only offer email marketing functionality. For more information on the email marketing capabilities provided by the marketing suite vendors, please see the marketing automation category page.
To qualify for inclusion in the Email Marketing category, a product must:
- Enable the creation and sending of emails via HTML or WYSIWYG editor
- Provide email templates
- Allow users to preview and send test emails
- Store, track, segment, and manage email contact lists
- Provide campaign-based reporting and analytics
- Not be part of a larger marketing automation suite
Email Marketing Software Grid® Overview
The best Email Marketing Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Salesforce Email Studio, iContact, Adobe Campaign, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, AWeber, GetResponse, Mad Mimi, Emma, SendinBlue, and Exponea
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Act!, dotmailer, ExpressPigeon, Mailjet, Elastic Email, MessageGears, Mailigen, Adestra, Delivra, MailerLite, Gold Lasso, Pinpointe On-Demand, Flexmail, OpenMoves Email Marketing Platform, FreshMail, WiseStamp, Robly, Moosend, SendPulse, Vision6, Sendwithus, Klaviyo, and SendX
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: VerticalResponse, SendGrid, Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES), Campaigner Email, and SparkPost
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Aurea List Manager, Zoho Campaigns, Yesmail360i, Benchmark Email, StreamSend, WhatCounts, Aurea Email Marketing, BlueHornet, Campayn, Boomtrain, Flashissue for Gmail, and Customer.io