Best Embedded Business Intelligence Software
Embedded business intelligence (BI) software provides analytics capabilities within the context of a business application. Software developers use embedded BI tools to quickly develop reporting, charting, and graphing functionality in their applications. Because analytics capabilities within an application are often expected as standard, embedded BI products provide developers a software development kit that quickly deploys this functionality, making it easy to house and white-label the analytics inside proprietary products. While they may be sold to enterprise companies to be deployed in internal systems, they are by and large sold to other software companies.
To qualify for inclusion in the Embedded Business Intelligence category, a product must:
- Be sold primarily as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product
- Consume data from any source
- Transform data into a useful and relatable model
- Support data modeling, blending, and discovery processes
- Create reports and visualizations with business utility
Embedded Business Intelligence Software Grid® Overview
The best Embedded Business Intelligence Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Sisense, Logi Analytics, and Looker
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Exago, JReport, Yellowfin BI, Izenda, and Dundas BI
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: MicroStrategy, Jaspersoft, Pentaho, and Mode Analytics
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.