Best Employee Scheduling Software
Employee scheduling software automates the process of creating, maintaining, and tracking employee schedules.
Implementing an employee scheduling software system helps with productivity and team collaboration, allowing for greater visibility into bandwidth company-wide. These systems typically track vacations, sick days, and other personal days. Some employee scheduling software also have features such as automatic alerts to prevent scheduling conflicts. Scheduling data is accumulated over time within this type of software, and can be pulled into financial systems like payroll software. Employee scheduling software also features some form of analytics that help manage and coordinate the tasks.
Employee scheduling software is not as robust as workforce management software, which typically fit into a larger HR management suite or core HR software solution. These systems are often utilized in retail and other industries for scheduling employee shifts.
To qualify as employee scheduling software, a product must:
- Automate the creation and maintenance of schedules
- Help manage and provide visibility into employee tasks
- Only provide functionality specifically for employee scheduling
Employee Scheduling Software Grid® Overview
The best Employee Scheduling Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: When I Work
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Shiftboard, Branch Messenger, and WhenToWork
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Humanity, HotSchedules, and Homebase Schedule, Time Clock and Timesheets
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Planday