Best ETL Tools
ETL (extract, transform, and load) tools are used to transfer data between databases or for external use. ETL tools are used for data extraction from database management systems and data warehouses. These software products are used to transform data sets to operationalize through querying and analysis. Many companies use these tools to create a visual workflow for the data they are transferring. Other uses are typically analysis, data cleansing, and structuring data.
To qualify for inclusion in the ETL category, a product must:
- Facilitate extract, transform, and load processes
- Transform data for quality or visualization
- Audit or record integration data
- Archive data for backup, future reference, or analysis
ETL Tools Grid® Overview
The best ETL Tools products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: dataloader.io
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: StarfishETL and Xplenty
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: SAP HANA Cloud Integration
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.