Best Field Service Management Software
Field service management (FSM) software helps companies manage the business activities performed by field workers.For many services companies, field work is the most important part of their business, and field service management software can help them manage and optimize these activities. It is primarily used by companies that manufacture industrial products which require on-site services such as deployment and maintenance of equipment, cleaning, repairs, etc. Field service management software is used by managers and supervisors to allocate workers to field tasks and monitor their performance. Employees use it to find information about their tasks, report on their work, and optimize the time and resources allocated for each job.
Field service management software usually integrates with software solutions such as GIS for location tracking; customer relationship management (CRM) to find information about customers; and product lifecycle management (PLM) or design software for technical specifications and instructions for maintenance and repairs.
To qualify for inclusion in the Field Service Management (FSM) category, a product must:
- Provide features to dispatch workers based on the type of work, their availability, and the physical locations of customers
- Include functionality to help managers prioritize field work and optimize the human and material resources allocated to each job
- Provide information to field workers on their tasks and how to achieve them
- Allow field users to communicate and collaborate with colleagues, customers, or business partners, in order to address problems efficiently while in the field
- Deliver dashboards and analytics for managers to track ongoing field activities and the performance of field workers
Field Service Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Field Service Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: MapAnything, IFS Field Service Management, mHelpDesk, Kickserv, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service, Jobber, ServiceTitan, and HouseCall Pro
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Repsly, Skedulo, GoSpotCheck, M.O.S.T. Contractor Software, and ServiceTrade
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Oracle Field Service Cloud, ClickSoftware, and GE Servicemax
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: FieldAware, Astea FieldCentrix, and Husky Intelligence