Best Gamification Software
Gamification software applies common video game features (badges, achievements, points, leaderboards, etc.) to functions related to business in order to encourage employee engagement, brand advocacy, and/or customer loyalty. If a business is looking to incentivize its employees or customers to perform certain tasks, such as sharing content or making a purchase, gamification software is a way to both track and reward that behavior. Gamification may be used by anyone looking to encourage certain behaviors, such as marketing teams, HR, sales teams, customer service teams, or managers.
Gamification software can be used independently or it can integrate with other software frequented by a given team or customer. Gamification software is most often used internally, but it can even be integrated into a customer-facing app or website.
To qualify for inclusion in the Gamification category, a product must:
- Track or allow for the input of certain behaviors
- Allocate rewards such as points or badges
- Provide some analytics functionality to track behaviors and successful users
- Have either a public or private leaderboard function
Gamification Software Grid® Overview
The best Gamification Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Bunchball and LevelUp
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: GetBadges
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Klout
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.