Best Heat Maps Software
Heat maps and in-page analytic software report on how web visitors behave when interacting within a singular web page on a website. Marketers and web developers use heatmaps and in-page analytics to visualize where on a web page visitors click, hover, and scroll. Heat maps visually represent the recorded clicks and mouse movements of the website visitor, and create in-page data for marketers and UI/UX designers to analyze. This information shows how well or poorly the page’s design draws the viewer’s attention and where designs can be improved, increasing engagement and conversion.
Heatmaps and in-page analytics systems are deployed on top of existing web development infrastructure and web content management systems, and they often integrate with digital analytics and other conversion optimization systems such as A/B testing tools.
To qualify for inclusion in the Heat Maps and In-Page Analytics category, a product must:
- Create or overlay heat maps of or onto screenshots of existing webpages
- Track, monitor, and/or record number of clicks on specific elements or areas of a web page
- Collect data on a per-page or individual user sessions basis
- Offer report filtration via specific behaviors or visitor demographic
Heat Maps Software Grid® Overview
The best Heat Maps Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: VWO and Hotjar
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Smartlook
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Clicktale
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: IBM Tealeaf and Crazy Egg