Best Incident Management Software
IT/DevOps incident management software is an end-to-end solution that responds to, reports on, investigates digital incidents or errors and overall works towards incident resolution
IT/DevOps incident management software helps IT professionals, DevOps teams, and other technology professionals better manage IT solutions by decreasing downtime and the likelihood of crashes. It alerts IT staff of an incident, generates a report of the problem, and automates a workflow that ensures the error is reported and responded to in the proper sequence. As a
result, it helps curb the effects of major IT incidents by bringing critical information to the right people instantly, allowing for faster response time.
IT/DevOps incident management software is often used as a part of larger IT management strategy, working alongside service desk, mobile device management (MDM), and identity management solutions to help unify projects, automate tasks, and increase team collaboration.
To qualify for inclusion in the IT/DevOps Incident Management category, a product must:
- Monitor and alert staff of incidents or critical errors
- Integrate with team collaboration tools to notify responsible parties
- Create a standardized workflow for handling incidents
- Respond to, report, and investigate IT errors
Incident Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Incident Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Samanage, Freshservice, JIRA Service Desk, PagerDuty, and OpsGenie
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: NinjaRMM
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: SolarWinds Web Help Desk, IT Management Suite, and ServiceNow Incident Management
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: VictorOps and DERDACK Enterprise Alert