Best Intellectual Property Management Software
Intellectual property management software assists in the tracking of trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other intellectual property. Law firms and corporations utilize these tools to manage databases of trademarks, automate forms and correspondence for new and ongoing intellectual property ownership, and track possible violations of legal rights for subsequent prosecution. For law firms who manage designers, artists, inventors, and companies with patented products or services, intellectual property management software helps centralize up-to-date client information, license agreements, and opposition filings in a single repository. This software often integrates with case management tools to streamline the lifecycle of intellectual property procurement and litigation. Some products in this category function solely as patent search engines or filing assistants.
To qualify for inclusion in the Intellectual Property Management category, a product must:
- Provide tools for managing trademarks, patents, and copyrights and related legal rights
- Assist in the intellectual property lifecycle, including filing for or renewing contracts, disclosure agreements, and processing payments from clients
- Offer one or more features related to legal disputes or enforcement actions involving clients’ intellectual property
Intellectual Property Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Intellectual Property Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores.
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Alt Legal, IPfolio, and ClaimMaster
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: FoundationIP
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Inteum