Best Java Web Frameworks Software
Java web frameworks are a type of web application framework designed to support Java development. Java web frameworks provide standards to build and deploy web applications written in Java. Java itself is a programming language, but frameworks typically require a programming platform. Java, Standard Edition (SE) and Java, Enterprise Edition (EE) are programing platforms that provide specification sets for distributing web services, the latter of which is simply an extended version of the former. Companies typically use Java web frameworks for its cross-platform nature, virtual machine compatibility, and runtime environment. These help save time for developers and can be used to build graphical user interface (GUI), web servers, and enterprise applications.
There is a strong relationship between Java web frameworks and other web frameworks since they all provide standards, testing and deployment tools. Still, not all web application frameworks provide cross-language support.
To qualify for inclusion in the Java Web Frameworks category, a product must:
- Provide standards for Java builds and deployments
- Deliver automation capabilities for Java web application development
- Provide Java-compatible libraries, templates, or management tools
Java Web Frameworks Software Grid® Overview
The best Java Web Frameworks Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Spring and Spark
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Grails and Vraptor
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Play