Best Language Learning Software
Language learning software is specifically designed to help users learn, increase their knowledge of, or maintain foreign language skills.
Language learning software is used by companies and individuals across various industries to increase foreign language skills for job assistance, career advancement, or personal satisfaction. While individuals can utilize this software to increase their marketability, employers can also offer it as a benefit to help increase workforce knowledge.
The use of language learning software can be mixed in with other products in the Education category to create a more cohesive learning experience for those studying a foreign language.
To qualify for inclusion in the Language Learning category, a product must:
- Have features targeted toward language learners
- Include different courses based on competency level
Language Learning Software Grid® Overview
The best Language Learning Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Rosetta Stone and Duolingo
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Memrise
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Babbel
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Lingvist