Best Legal Research Software
Legal research software provides tools for lawyers to study statutes, case laws, and specific legal practice areas. When working through a case or preparing for trial, law firms can utilize this software to make sense of data points and determine the most applicable precedents. Legal research products can help minimize the margin of error during litigation and give users an edge in closing the case and maximizing value. Some legal research products offer access to online communities of law professionals, and may integrate with case management systems so users can file relevant information alongside general case details.
To qualify for inclusion in the Legal Research category, a product must:
- Provide specialized research tools and information databases for lawyers, including statutes, trial histories, and detailed information on specific practice areas
Legal Research Software Grid® Overview
The best Legal Research Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Westlaw
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: LexisNexis Legal Research
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Practical Law