Best Machine Translation Software
Machine translation software automates the process of translating text from one language to another. The most basic machine translation software relies strictly on word-for-word substitution. Some technologies include rule-based or statistically-modeled translation for more accurate translations. Machine translation tools translate text without human editing. Machine translation software is best suited when companies need quick, one-off translations and accuracy is not of importance. These products are used by translation service providers and are often included in translation management software.
To qualify for inclusion in the Machine Translation category, a product must:
- Translate text word for word, or incorporate rule or statistic-based functions
- Automate translation into multiple languages
- Instantly produce copy that can be edited by translators
- Provide tools for editing translated text
- Organize or allow for the management of translated text
Machine Translation Software Grid® Overview
The best Machine Translation Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Google Translate
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Yandex.Translate
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Bing Translator and Cloud Translation API