Best Media Monitoring Software
Media monitoring software provides users with up-to-date feeds of content and activity notifications from a selection of media channels. PR departments use these tools to follow media channels relevant to their industry, and those of clients and business partners. Users can also track any mentions of the company by a media outlet including social media, blogs, and news organizations.
To qualify for inclusion in the Media Monitoring category, a product must:
- Track various online media channels
- Allow users to target specific keywords, mentions, or topics and customize feeds to their liking
- Provide users with relevant updates and alerts based on selected feeds
- Collect and store links to relevant mentions and/or posts for future reference
- Analyze findings with reporting features such as number and frequency of specific posts, impact on company, etc.
Media Monitoring Software Grid® Overview
The best Media Monitoring Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Cision, Meltwater, TrendKite, Gorkana, and LexisNexis Newsdesk®
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: BurrellesLuce WorkFlow, Critical Mention, Mention, Agility PR Solutions, Metro Monitor, Universal Information Services, and Ezyinsights
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: MyMediaInfo
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Newsbox, iQ media, Zignal Labs, Signal Media, and TVEyes