Best Medical Billing Software
Medical organizations use medical billing software to create and manage invoices for the services that they provide. Healthcare institutions require certain industry-specific billing features as medical invoicing varies according to patient diagnostic, treatment, and health care coverage. Medical billing software includes support for compliance with healthcare regulations such as the the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Medical billing solutions can increase the accuracy and the speed of the billing process for healthcare organizations. Some advanced solutions also provide functionality for revenue management or profitability analysis.
Medical billing software needs to integrate with medical practice management software which holds patient information, as well as with accounting software which processes payments. Integration with benefit carriers is also required for electronic invoices or claim submissions.
To qualify for inclusion in the Medical Billing category, a product must:
- Provide templates and forms for different types of invoices
- Generate invoices for multiple treatments, medication, radiology, or lab tests
- Send bills electronically to patients, other medical providers, or insurance companies
- Manage the claim process from capture to reimbursement
- Include features for automated matching between invoices and orders
Medical Billing Software Grid® Overview
The best Medical Billing Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: WebPT
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: AdvancedBilling
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: NextGen® Healthcare and athenaCollector
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.